Brexit has changed the VAT rules for small business owners outside of the UK. With that being said, I am still doing research on this subject and am not equipped with adding the tax myself due to all the steps I have to take.
Now, Etsy automatically does the work for me. So if you are ordering from the UK please read carefully and follow the steps below. I am sorry I am having to add these extra steps for you. Hopefully, this will be worked out soon.
- Add everything to your cart per usual.
- Use the discount code UKCUS
- This will bring your total to $0. Once you put in your UK shipping address your shipping total will also be $0.
- If you want to use a rep code please put it in the notes section of your order.
- When placing the order please make sure you are using an up to date email address. This is crucial to the next step.
- Check out.
- I will email you an invoice from Etsy that will include a custom listing of the items you wanted. This way Etsy will add the right VAT amount.
- Use the Etsy link that will be provided in your email to complete your purchase.
Again, I apologize for this inconvenience. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.